Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

My site is near MANGA!!

11/10/11

I’ve been in country for a solid month!!! There is NO turning back now. Today was a pretty eventful day. We get random assignments to complete throughout training that will prepare us for life as a PCV. Today’s assignment is preparing a meal. We split up into 3 groups (appetizer, entrée, and dessert). I of course joined the entrée group to make sure that something would be vegan.  Clarissa and me cooked a really good stir-fry. I would also like to add that we made rice over an open fire! Since all the burners were occupied we decided to build a fire and cook over it! According to Chopped, rice is supposed to be pretty difficult to get right, but we made over 20 servings of yummy rice au natural. I’m pretty proud of myself.

After a bon mangé we received our site announcements. ::drum roll:: I will be spending the next two years in a place near Manga which is in the south of Burkina.Looks like I’ll be making a trip to Ghana! 
Today elevated my excitement and anticipation 10 fold. I use the word excited a lot in English, so I figured I would use it a lot in French as well. Well, turns out that saying I am excited en française (Je suis excite) translates to sexual excitement not joy. So guess who decided to tell the interviewer of her excitement during her first language interview?  The same person who got in Novice Mid during our initial evaluation. 

1 comment:

  1. im literally laughing out loud alone in my office right now(at your expense). but seriously this all sounds excellent!

    ReplyDelete