Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

encounters with wild animals

11/7/11
I think I`m going to start a segment on my blog called “encounters with wild animals”. Today I had two encounters. The first was with a cow. These cows do not look like the fat white and black American cows. All the cows here look more similar to bulls. They have this weird hump on their back that either stores water or fat. (It may be used to increase surface area to keep the cow cool, but I’m not sure) I’ve seen many different colors: white, black, tan, brown, grey, etc. They usually are pretty chill like any other cow minding its own business. But today’s encounter was NOT a friendly one. I’m riding down the rode with some of the other stagiaires and this cow decides to pull a lion king and tries to stampede us(yes one cow can be a stampede, if it's the right cow). Imagine riding straight on a dirt road, you then look casually to your left to enjoy the scenery of Africa and you see a wild cow coming for you at full trot! The riders in the front including myself decide to speed up while the riders in the back are forced to stop suddenly. You would think that this cow would slow down but crossing that road at they very spot was the most important thing on his mind at that time.
this cow is so fascinating
The second encounter was with a rabid dog. All the dogs here run wild like squirrels. Usually they are more afraid of you than anything. I happen to live near the baddest dog of them all because this one is not afraid of me whatsoever. Not only is this mutt mean, he has the exterior to match. Most of the dogs here are tan and short haired. El Diablo on the other hand in dark brown with white paws, he has bright yellow eyes, and longish shaggy fur. Whenever I pass him on my bike he gives me a little growl then he goes back to doing his doggy duties. Well this one night I pull out of my courtyard on my bike and he begins to chase me at full speed. I try to scare him and yell at him to go away but he getting even angrier and begins to growl and run faster. At this point I switch to the high gears on my bike and pedal as fast as I can. So far its Devil dog: 2 Jalysa: 0. I’ll get him next time.


the boy I tutor (papi) and my dog neuf aka 9

1 comment:

  1. Loving the pictures JJ! Papi and Neuf are sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete