Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Packed and ready to go

I finally gave into my OCD tendencies and started/finished packing today! We are allowed 2 checked bags (no more than 80lbs combined) and one carry on. My big checked bag is 40lbs and my smaller one is 30lbs. HELLLOOOO!!, 10lbs to spare!!!


the before packing storm
I received my final itinerary last night and it is so real now. I'll be in Philadelphia on Sunday 10/9 then I will travel with my PC counterparts to Ouagadougou (Wah-gah-doo-goo) or Ouaga in Burkina Faso. After two days of orientation and lengthy procedures we will travel to Sapone for the real in service training (IST). During this we will be "adopted" by a home stay family (yay, new burkinabe mama)! Then language/cultural training will commence. don don don donnnnnnn. Parlez vous francais?


I won't have any internet/phone access for a while, so if you don't hear from me don't call the Police Nationale du Burkina Faso


until next time =]

1 comment: