Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

thanksgiving is not for the birds

This past week I attended my mid service conference. It's basically a 3 day conference in Ouaga where we share our feelings/project ideas and get medical/dental check ups. No cavities for me mom!!! Healthy as a 40 year old ox and all cried out from emotional over share, I finished the conference and strolled right into Thanksgiving! Since my whole stage was in town (Ouaga) we decided to celebrate Thanksgiving family style. Our Director of Programming and Training (Paul) invited us over to his pad for a tday pot luck. All of the decent volunteers prepared various dishes like stuffing, tofurkey (guess who made that one), green beans, and a poo load of desserts. Paul supplied 2 imported turkeys and other yummy eats. This turned out to be a surprisingly fun and happy day, we even played a bunch of Christmas music at the end of the night. I hope that everyone else had an amazing Thanksgiving.

Although I had a great time I would love to come home to the states for Christmas. I am excepting donations at www.flyjalysahome.please

facials while preparing dinner!

everyone grab a prop

1 comment: