Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Encounters with wild animals

1/24/2012

Last night I was in my latrine relieving myself. It was completely dark in my little outhouse besides my head lamp. I’m squatting there staring at the floor when I hear a rustle coming from the latrine hole. I look down and shine my light at the hole and a bat flies up at my nether regions! Aaahh How did a bad get into my latrine?! It sucks because it lives there now and I have no way of getting it out. Another volunteer told me that you’re not a true Burkina volunteer until a bat flies at your crotch from a latrine hole, so I guess I’m official now. 

1 comment:

  1. O....M....G....a bat??? that is friggin' crazy...you know i would have probably died from heart failure if a bat flew into my derriere!!! You are better than me..i don't think I would have been able to pee ever again!!

    ReplyDelete